You can now have the Buddy Guy’s Legends performance schedule right at your fingertips! Here’s how to get our calendar on your phone or computer.
First, you’ll need the URL of the calendar feed: https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/buddyguyslegends%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics
For iPhone users:
- Lucky users might be able to just click the link above from their iPhone. Feel free to try that if you’re feeling lucky.
- Write down or copy the URL for the Google Calendar you want to add to your iPhone. You might want to make it easy and just email it or text it to yourself.
- Tap the “Settings” icon, then scroll down and select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
- Tap “Add Account” and select “Other.”
- Select the “Add Subscribed Calendar” option, fill in the Google Calendar URL in the Server box and click “Next.” Change any settings you see fit before saving the calendar. You do not need a username or password.
- Toggle your view of the subscribed calendar by opening the Calendar app and tapping “Calendars” in the upper left corner. Tap a calendar name to either display or remove calendar events.
Android Phones / Using Google Calendar on your computer
The Easy Way
- Log in to Google Calendar on your computer. If you want it on your phone, make sure you log in to the Google Account linked with your phone.
- Find the box on the left under “Other Calendars” that says “Add a Friend’s Calendar.”
- Type in “email@example.com“.
- That’s it!
The Long Way
- Log in to Google Calendar on your computer. If you want it on your phone, make sure you log in to the Google account that is linked with your phone.
- Click the down-arrow next to Other calendars
- Select Add by URL from the menu
- Find the address of the Google Calendar in iCalendar format, or if you have the iCalendar address of a calendar from a different application (for example, Apple’s iCal), you can use this as well.
- Enter the address in the field provided
- Click the Add Calendar button. The calendar will appear in the Other Calendars section of the calendar list to the left.
- If you do this for a Google account linked to an Android phone, it will automatically sync with your phone.